Saturday, November 26, 2016

Field trip and November

So... I got behind and didn't update our November provocations, 
I also forgot to snap photos of many of the choices students were offered.

 "I love using the clay.  I pick this one lots of times."-Lilly
She loves using her creative side!

 Can you make a fall tree?  Students used scented (cinnamon and nutmug) play-doh.  There were pinecones, fall colored buttons and acorns on the try.  Brown pipe cleaners were twisted together to make the tree.

Students dug in the dirt to find the hidden farm animals.
We also had some interesting gourds in the classroom to sketch and make observational drawings.


Our kindergarten field trip to Russell Farms on October 31st.

What do you notice about the silo?  

 "I pretended to help with the chores."- Nick

"I learned the difference between hay and straw. 
 Pigs lay in straw BUT eat hay!"-Finley

Allison was the helper for the story, Spookley the Square Pumpkin.

 Students enjoyed the hayride to pick out a small pumpkin to keep.
After the trip, students collaborated to put together a farm scene puzzle.


Farm stamps were used to make sentences and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment