Monday, March 7, 2016

construction and community



How it all started...




What we know....



What we wonder...



Our literature to support our readers.

Interactive boards in the hallway to engage all students at FCE.

Some provocations...



What can you build with cups? Sight words were also written
 on the cups to practice recognition and fluency.

Student interest... Spiderman wall
Willis Towers in Chicago

American Girl doll store


London Bridge





Statue of Liberty

Great Wolf Lodge
   
 Our construction room




 documentation...


 We researched some facts using Worldbook on our iPads.


The Sydney Opera House


We made community books about Fishers. 
 Each child also choose a building and made a replica.







 IU Health Hospital, Culvers and Hamilton Southeastern High School.




Fishers Police Station and Loke Bike Shop.



 Taco Bell, FCE, and Starbucks.


 Hamilton Town Center IMax and the YMCA.



 Lucas Oil Stadium (near by!) and Pinheads.


McDonalds, Hamilton East Public Library and St. Vincent Hospital.



Steak and Shake and Target.


"First I put paper on top. Second I put windows and a door on. Third I made people and a jail. I made a big police station." -Drew M.

"This is a hotel. My friends put details on it." -Hana


"I made the Fishers Train Station" -Connor 

"I made the YMCA because I go there for summer camp." -Ava
"I made FHS." -Haylee


"This is HSE. I put a pool in it because my sister swims there." Annie










No comments:

Post a Comment